Latest UC Browser 9.4 (Signed Java Version) Modified to Remove the Virtual Keypad On Samsung, LG and Other Touchscreen Phones
Source: WAP Review
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37PM
I did a post a while ago explaining how to modify Opera Mini's jad file to hide the unneeded touch keypad that displays at the bottom of the screen on some touchscreen phones. The post included a link to the modified Opera Mini. I received a request asking for a copy of the latest signed Java version of UC Browser modified to hide the keypad.
The process for modifying the UC Browser or any other Java app is exactly the same as what was described in the original post:
1.Download the app's jad file to a PC. You can get UC Browser jad files (signed or unsigned ) at www.ucweb.com/English/UCbrowser/platform.html?platform=java
2. Open the downloaded mini.jad with a text editor or Windows Wordpad
3. Scroll to the bottom of the file and paste in the following lines:
4. Upload the file to Dropbox.com or another file sharing service that is easy to use in your phone browser. Click here to get a free 2GB Dropbox account (by using this referral link I get an extra 250 MB of storage in my Dropbox which I thank you for).
5. Visit Dropbox with your phone browser and click the modified mini.jad link to download it to your phone.
If that didn't work or you don't have a PC or are just in a hurry, here's are links to the latest signed version of the UC browser as well as some older versions.
UC Browser 8.8 (25-Dec-2012) The latest "full" (non-cloud) UC Browser release. New features include:
- Incognito Browsing: For your convenience and privacy, when you activate Incognito Browsing your browsing history will not be recorded while it’s active.
- Improved Search Bar: The search bar is now better than ever, with tabbed search engines and a drop-down menu offering your previously search terms as you type your query into the search box. This allows you to quickly switch between different search engines for different content, like between YouTube and IMDB, and get more relevant search suggestions.
- Select and Copy: The Select and Copy function has been enhanced, allowing you to see how many characters you are selecting in real time. This can help with sharing content where character limits are an issue, such as on Twitter and when sending an SMS.
- Optimized Text Input: Better support for inputting non-English text and for inputting text via Java phones with QWERTY and virtual keypads.
- Fixed bugs:
- 1 The “next” botton no response when find in page on touch phone.
- 2 Can’t save picture in some cases.
- 3 Some Web sites open error.（e.g. : m.youtube.com, m.google.com）
- 4 User Interface problems in night mode.
- 5 Download list disappeared.
- P.S. The Open button on download page doesn't works in some cases.(We have checked the problem. It is a bug of UC server and will be solved as soon as possible)
Download the modified UC Browser 8.8 jad at: dl.dropbox.com/u/4637247/UCBrowser_V126.96.36.199_Java_pf70_%28Build13012415%29.jad
Short Link: is.gd/uc89touch To install, go to is.gd/uc88touch with your phone's browser.
UC Browser 8.8 (25-Dec-2012) Another "full" (non-cloud) UC Browser release. New features include: increased download speed, customizable shortcut keys and an improved File Manager.
Download the modified UC Browser 8.8 jad at: dl.dropbox.com/u/4637247/UCBrowser_V188.8.131.52_Java_pf70_%28Build12122410%29.jad
Short Link: is.gd/uc88touch To install it, go to is.gd/uc88touch with your phone's browser.
UC Browser 8.7 (7-Nov-2012) This is a "full" (non-cloud) UC Browser release. New features include: users can switch between multiple accounts when signing in to a website, long press the OK button to invoke the Actions menu, users can save pages directly without changing the page name.
Download the modified UC Browser 8.7 jad at:
Short Link: is.gd/uc87touch To install it, go to is.gd/uc87touch with your phone's browser.
UC Browser 8.6. (20-Sept-2012): This is a "full (non-cloud) UC Browser release. New features in this release are: full offline download support with synchronous status shown in the download manager, you can now preview the images before uploading, "clear all history" option before exiting UC Browser added, new options to disable the virtual keyboard, faster uploads and display of the upload speed in KB/sec while uploading. This version uses the new user interface from the cloud version with different menus for touch screen and non touch screen phones
Download the modified UC Browser 8.6 jad at: dl.dropbox.com/u/4637247/UCBrowser_V184.108.40.206_Java_pf70_%28Build12092011%29.jad
Short link: is.gd/uc860touch To install it, go to is.gd/uc860touch with your phone browser.
UC Cloud Browser 8.5 (6-Sept-2012): This is first non-Beta version of the UC Cloud Browser, a redesign of the original UC browser optimized for smaller download size and faster page loads. New features in this release are: new user interface with different menus for touch screen and non touch screen phones. Supports copy and paste in the URL bar and all input fields. New screen brightness setting. New share image on Facebook feature. New Game Center free game download store.
I've posted the modified UC Cloud Browser 8.5 jad at: dl.dropbox.com/u/4637247/UCBrowser_V220.127.116.11_Java_pf83_%28Build12082909%29.jad
Short link: is.gd/uc85touch. To install it, go to is.gd/uc85touch with your phone browser.
UC Browser 8.4 (23-Jul-2012):. Major changes are: simplified theme installation, the traffic statistics display is back, the link to browsing history has been moved to the top of the bookmarks page and a there's a new Tools > Phone menu option for making phone call or send a texts from within the browser. See my review for more about 8.4: UC Browser 8.4 for Java Released With Bug Fixes, New Features.
UC Browser 8.3 Alpha (7-Jun-2012): New features include; UDisk cloud based storage and the App Gallery, a new home screen tab providing quick access to UDisk, bookmark backup and restore and the Quick Reads news deader.
Short link: is.gd/uc83touch. To install it, go to db.tt/ajY88aHm with your phone browser.
UC Browser 8.2.1 Production (non-Beta) (20-Apr-2012): New features include a built in RSS reader and bookmark backup and restore. See my review for more details.
Short link: db.tt/ajY88aHm. To install it, go to db.tt/ajY88aHm with your phone browser.
UC Browser 8.2 Alpha (21-Mar-2012): It features many enhancements and bug fixes see my review for details. This is the latest patch release that adds swipe navigation and fixes a bug that made entering URLs on bada phones impossible:
Short link: is.gd/uc82touch. To install it, go to is.gd/uc82touch with your phone browser.
UC Browser 8.0 (1-Feb-2012):
Short link: is.gd/uc8touch. To install it, go to is.gd/uc8touch with your phone browser.
- Updated: How to View the Full Version of Sites in Opera Mini and Other Mobile Browsers
- Wikivoyage - A World Travel Guidebook in a Wiki
- Does UC Browser Mini For Android "Fake" Proxy Mode For Some Sites?
- Eater's Lively Hyperlocal Food Blog Network
- Review: Opera Browser Beta 16 for Android With Redesigned Off-Road Mode
- Five Mobile Friendly Web Based RSS Readers Compared